Skip to main content

Advocacy and complaints - help for Care Leavers

LO care leavers

An advocate is someone who will listen to you and discuss any concerns you may have and will work with you to find ways to tackle them by helping you to talk to the right people. They can help you find the right words to say to the adults who are making decisions that you don’t agree with.

As a Care Leaver

  • If you wish to make a complaint about the leaving care service, speak to your Personal Adviser in the first instance
  • You can also make a complaints about any aspect of Children’s Services through the Merton Council Complaints Team
  • Coram Voice  provide lots of information and a freephone helpline that Care Leavers can call for advocacy support, information and advice when they have problems with services.
  • Jigsaw4u Advocacy service offers Merton Care Leavers support up to the age of 25
Back to top