Skip to main content

Relationship Issues

Relationship issues come in all shapes and sizes.

  • You may be struggling with friendship difficulties or have family troubles.
  • You may have questions about love or sex.
  • Perhaps you have recently lost someone you loved or
  • Maybe you are experiencing abuse in a relationship with a partner or family member.

No matter what your problem, know that you are not alone and that there is help!

Where can I get help and support?

NHS Choices has information and other links for support and advice on getting through losing someone close.

NHS Choices also has advice on abuse in teenage relationships and how to recognise the signs of domestic violence.

The Mix website has advice and support for all relationship things - love, sex, friendship and family relationships.

Talk to someone you know and trust

Talking to someone about your thoughts and feelings can be very helpful.  It feels good to offload and the other person may offer you good advice, or help you find the right support.

The Young Minds website has some great tips to help you talk to someone you trust.


Get professional support

If your relationship issues become severe and lead to other problems such as depression, anxiety or self-harm, you may need professional help.

If this is true for you, then talk to someone at school, or to your GP, about making a referral to Merton’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.  

For professional support when you’ve recently lost someone, or you are losing someone due to sickness, alcohol abuse, divorce, etc., get in touch with Jigsaw4U (020 8687 1384 or

If you'd just like to talk to someone, you can also contact Supportline - Helpline 01708 765200 - or email - who offer emotional support to children and young people on a range of issues.

Back to top