M-Card for children and young people
The M-Card is a concession card issued by London Borough of Merton which provides a quick, easy and discrete way to raise awareness that eligible children and young people have disabilities or Special Educational Needs.
The M-Card is accepted in a range of places and by organisations that offer concessions or assistance, such as museums, theme parks, football clubs, etc.
For more information on where you can use the M-Card, download the M-Card Organisations leaflet on this website page
(Please note that the M-Card design was updated in November 2018. Previously-issued cards remain valid until they expire)
To be eligible for an M-Card, your child must be aged 18 or under and meet one of the following critreria.
- Child Tax Credit to include the disabled child element or Universal Credit with child element and additional disabled child element (lower and higher), or
- A letter confirming current receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at Middle or Upper level or Personal Independence Payment for this child, or
- A letter from a medical or educational professional confirming there is a complex health need that impacts significantly on getting about or accessing services.
You will be asked to upload evidence of this eligibility as part of your application.
To apply for an M-Card your child must be registered on the Merton Disability Database for children and young people. This is a voluntary register.
Registering on the Disabiity Database and applying for an M-Card can be done in one application
- click on My Account at the top of this website page
- select Create an Account
- follow the instructions on screen to register and create a password.
Once you have created your account, you can login and select the Disability Database / M-Card option in your account.
Choose Create Record and complete the application online, including requesting an M-Card, and submit your request. Remember that you must meet the eligibility criteria for an M-Card and upload and submit proof of eligibility as part of your application
If you need further help to create an account, please see the Registering and Applying - Disability Database and M-Card leaflet on this website page
Your application will be queued for processing. It will be processed as soon as possible and your M-card will be sent to you in the post
The M-card is valid for two years from the date of issue. You can update your details or renew your M-Card via the My Account link at the top of this page