Skip to main content

Advocacy and complaints - help for Care Experienced Young People

LO care leavers

An advocate is someone who will listen to you and discuss any concerns you may have. They will work with you to find ways to tackle them, by helping you to talk to the right people. If decisions are being made that you don’t agree with, they can help you find the right words to talk about this with the relevant people.

  • If you wish to make a complaint about the Care Experienced Service, speak to your Personal Adviser in the first instance.
  • You can also make a complaints about any aspect of Children’s Services through the Merton Council Complaints Team
  • Coram Voice  provide lots of information and a freephone helpline that Care Leavers can call for advocacy support, information and advice when they have problems with services.
  • Jigsaw4u Advocacy service offers Merton Care Leavers support up to the age of 25
Back to top