Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 49 records in your current search
 Directory results

First-tier Tribunal - Special Education Needs and Disabilities (Single Route of Redress – National Trial)

What is the National Trial? The Government are extending the powers of the First-tier Tribunal (SEND), sometimes referred to as the ‘SEND Tribunal’, to make non-binding recommendations about the health and social care aspects of Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans as part of a…

Free early education and childcare for 2-year-olds

In Merton, some children are entitled to up to 15 hours a week of free part-time early education and childcare at the age of two. This adds up to 570 hours a year spent playing, learning and make friends in a stimulating, safe environment. Enjoying good quality early education…

Free early education and childcare for 3 and 4-year-olds

All 3 and 4-year-old children are entitled to up to 15 hours a week of free early education and childcare. This adds up to 570 hours per year. This is called the Universal Entitlement. 3 and 4-year-olds whose parents are working may be able to get…

Funding for pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in Early Years settings and Schools

For most children in maintained mainstream settings, schools, academies and free schools, education is funded from the setting or school’s own budget. This includes those with SEN.

Funding for young people aged 16 to 25 with SEN or disabilities

Please note: this information is currently under review

Help with choosing childcare for children with SEND

For comprehensive information about how to choose a childcare provider for a child with SEN and disabilities, including choosing potential providers and funding and paying for childcare, visit the Coram Family and Childcare website  All childcare providers must comply with the SEND Code of Practice 2015, the…

How to request an EHC Needs Assessment

The content of this page is currently being updated. An Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment is a detailed investigation into what your child’s special educational needs are and what provision should be put in place. It is the step before an Education Health and Care…

Local NHS services which are part of the SEN Local Offer in Merton

There is a lot of detailed information about the individual services offered by the NHS in Merton on this website. This summary is intended to describe who provides the services, how they work together, and how they can be accessed. How do health services for…

Local SEN and disability advice and support services

The services below offer advice, guidance, support and information for Merton families. Merton Special Educational Needs Information and Advice and Support ServiceOffers impartial advice and guidance to parents, carers and young people, supporting families around identification of SEN, support required and intervention in the form of…

M-Card for children and young people

The M-Card is a concession card issued by London Borough of Merton which provides a quick, easy and discrete way to raise awareness that eligible children and young people have disabilities or Special Educational Needs.      
Back to top