Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 49 records in your current search
 Directory results

Personal Budgets (SEN and disabilities)

Personal Budgets are a way of providing support that meets the needs of young people and their parents. They will allow young people and parents to have greater choice and control over how you receive support and allow you to: Control some or all of…

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

If you are over 16, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs associated with having a long term ill-health or disability. For children aged under 16, Disability Living Allowance can be claimed.

Preparation for Adulthood Pathways

From age 14, young people start to consider what they want to do with their lives. Some young people need support to be more independent as they reach adulthood. Some young people need help to make choices and to take control over decisions that affect…

Reasonable Adjustments for Disabled Pupils

What does the Equality Act 2010 mean for schools and other education providers? Is my child classed a disabled under this Act? The definition of disability under this Act is ‘a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on the…

SEN Provision Plan

This section provides information on London Borough of Merton's SEN provision planning from 2018 to 2021 and the Department for Education’s Special Provision Capital Fund

SEN support in maintained schools, colleges and Early Years settings

All children and young people learn in different ways and progress at varying rates. Some children may need extra help along the way. This document is for parents whose children may require extra support and or possible interventions to enable them to make progress. What…

SEND Jargon Buster

The language of Special Educational Needs can be difficult to understand. Here is a guide to some of the abbreviations and jargon commonly used by professionals and by practitioners in schools and in other settings. ADD Attention Deficit Disorder. ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Areas…

Short Breaks Services Statement

Short Breaks are fun or educational activities for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs. They give children and young people a chance to have fun, socialise and gain independence while their famiies get to take time out from caring. Short Breaks Services Statement This…

Speech and Language Therapy Pathways

Speech and Language Therapy services are delivered according to age group. Information reviewed May 2018

Support for SEN or Disabled Students in Higher Education

Taking a degree, HND, HNC, PGCE or Diploma of Higher Education or any qualification at RQF level 4 or above Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) will cease once a student begins studying at RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) level 4 or above. Similarly, students without an…
Back to top