Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 17 records in your current search
 Directory results

Accessing the Local Offer, Family Services Directory and Young Merton

We are committed to ensuring these web services meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) to AA standard to ensure people with additional neeeds are not excluded from accessing information and services. The design includes a number of accessibility features Change font size Change site appearance Translate the…

Benefits and support for carers

If you are looking after someone regularly, including your spouse or a family member, because they're ill or disabled, you are a carer. Financial Support As a carer, you may be entitled to one or more state benefits to help you with the costs. These include…

Complaints about services for children and young people with SEN or disabilities

Compliments, complaints and comments are welcomed by all providers and should be used to improve and develop their services in the future. Is the service provided by a school or college? All schools and colleges must publish their own complaints policy. Please follow these policies…

Disability Database for children and young people

The London Borough of Merton's Disability Database is a voluntary database for children and young people aged 0 to 18 years who have a disability or special educational need.

Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Plans

Some children and young people who have special educational needs may need extra support which cannot be provided from the resources available at their early years setting, school or college. To make sure that the right extra support is provided for these children and young…

Feedback on Merton's Local Offer

London Borough of Merton has published its 2018 Annual Feedback Report on the Local Offer for children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities. The feedback is from parents, children and young people, professionals and practitioners. It covers information provided online and the services that are provided and used by families in…

Funding for pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in Early Years settings and Schools

For most children in maintained mainstream settings, schools, academies and free schools, education is funded from the setting or school’s own budget. This includes those with SEN.

How to request an EHC Needs Assessment

An Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment is a detailed investigation into what your child’s special educational needs are and what provision should be put in place. It is the step before an Education Health and Care Plan, but the assessment doesn’t always lead to a…

Local SEN and disability advice and support services

The services below offer advice, guidance, support and information for Merton families. Merton Special Educational Needs Information and Advice and Support ServiceOffers impartial advice and guidance to parents, carers and young people, supporting families around identification of SEN, support required and intervention in the form of…

M-Card for children and young people

The M-Card is a concession card issued by London Borough of Merton which provides a quick, easy and discrete way to raise awareness that eligible children and young people have disabilities or Special Educational Needs.      
Back to top