Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 23 records in your current search
 Directory results

First-tier Tribunal - Special Education Needs and Disabilities (Single Route of Redress – National Trial)

What is the National Trial? The Government are extending the powers of the First-tier Tribunal (SEND), sometimes referred to as the ‘SEND Tribunal’, to make non-binding recommendations about the health and social care aspects of Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans as part of a…

Funding for young people aged 16 to 25 with SEN or disabilities

Please note: this information is currently under review

Local SEN and disability advice and support services

The services below offer advice, guidance, support and information for Merton families. Merton Special Educational Needs Information and Advice and Support ServiceOffers impartial advice and guidance to parents, carers and young people, supporting families around identification of SEN, support required and intervention in the form of…

M-Card for children and young people

The M-Card is a concession card issued by London Borough of Merton which provides a quick, easy and discrete way to raise awareness that eligible children and young people have disabilities or Special Educational Needs.      

Merton's 5-Year Autism Strategy

To make sure that Merton is an autism-friendly borough in which people with autism are able to reach their full potential at all stages of their lives, a strategy has been developed for the next five years which takes a whole life course approach, encompassing children, young…

Personal Budgets (SEN and disabilities)

Personal Budgets are a way of providing support that meets the needs of young people and their parents. They will allow young people and parents to have greater choice and control over how you receive support and allow you to: Control some or all of…

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

If you are over 16, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs associated with having a long term ill-health or disability. For children aged under 16, Disability Living Allowance can be claimed.

Preparation for Adulthood Pathways

From age 14, young people start to consider what they want to do with their lives. Some young people need support to be more independent as they reach adulthood. Some young people need help to make choices and to take control over decisions that affect…

Support for SEN or Disabled Students in Higher Education

Taking a degree, HND, HNC, PGCE or Diploma of Higher Education or any qualification at RQF level 4 or above Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) will cease once a student begins studying at RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) level 4 or above. Similarly, students without an…

Supporting young people with SEN or disabilities into adulthood - transition

Young people aged 14 to 25 with SEN or disabilities Preparation for adulthood pathways Young people approaching adulthood and their families may want an overview of the choices available as they approach adult life and places where they can find helpful support and guidance.  We have…
Back to top