Willows Pre-School (Colliers Wood)
A private nursery based in Colliers Wood.
Who to contact
- The Pavilion
Colliers Wood Recreation Ground
- SW19 2DU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 7.30am to 6.00pm.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Monday to Friday
- 10% sibling discount
- Age Ranges
- 2-5 years
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Experience with
Mental health conditions
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD)
- All childcare providers must comply with the SEND Code of Practice 2015, the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, and the Equality Act 2010 which states that they must not treat a disabled child less favourably and make reasonable adjustments to ensure they are not substantially disadvantaged. Additional information about support available at this setting may be provided under the section Local Offer at the foot of this website page.
- Has Provision
- Halal, vegetarian, lactose-free, nut-free, wheat-free
- 3 & 4-year-olds
- Extended entitlement for 3 and 4-year-olds
- How are funded places delivered?
- Over more than 38 weeks of the year (stretched)
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/02/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 16/06/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 17/11/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good 03/02/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Willows follows these procedures
- Induction procedures/format for gathering information about the child.
- Observation schedules.
- Staff arrangements for support.
- Individual education plan/target-setting proforma.
- Record of review meetings proforma.
Following the SEN Code of Practice
- To pay ‘due regard’ to the Code of Practice, staff working with children with an education health care plan (special educational needs) focus on the following:
- Early identification
- Early intervention
- Inclusive education
- Physical environment
- Partnership with parents
- Multi-agency collaboration.
Willows local offer to parents (Working in partnership with parents)
- Parent workshops (within the workshops we implement the following below)
- Music & movement
- Drama- role play & re-enacting stories using the children and props.
- Social interaction
- Language groups in developing the children’s verbal communication
- Creative thinking and creative play
- Science- experimenting & exploring in different types of material’s they can use in making things.
- Circuit training in enhancing physical skills, which includes also our sports day
- The listening walk & shape walk
- Coffee mornings
- One-one conversations between parents & staff (key person) in accessing information on activities that can be carried out at home.
We have a Quality and Outcomes Team who work between our 3 settings to monitor the overall standards and effectiveness of the setting. They provide advice, support, monitoring and challenge to all three settings in order to promote self-evaluation and continuous improvement across all settings. We also have an Early Years Consultant, who supports Willows by conducting mock inspections and audits to ensure standards are maintained. We liaise with the local borough to have yearly Safeguarding audits. We have an annual risk assessment which takes into consideration all aspects of the setting including health and safety, safeguarding, HR and marketing and we use this to inform our plans for the year ahead.