Dicky Birds Pre School Nurseries Ltd – Dundonald Road
A private nursery in Wimbledon.
Also offers a wraparound service, picking-up and dropping-off at Dundonald and Wimbledon Chase Primary school nursery classes. Wraparound is childcare before a school's nursery session begins or after it ends.
Who to contact
52a Dundonald Road
- SW19 3PH
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 8.00am to 6.00pm. The nursery offers an early bird club starting from 7.30am and a late club, finishing at 6.30pm at an extra cost.
- Session Information
Monday to Friday (Open 51 weeks a year)
- 10% sibling discount
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Experience with
Mental health conditions
Global developmental delay
Personal care needs
Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD)
Speech and language delay
Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)
Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- All childcare providers must comply with the SEND Code of Practice 2015, the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, and the Equality Act 2010 which states that they must not treat a disabled child less favourably and make reasonable adjustments to ensure they are not substantially disadvantaged. Additional information about support available at this setting may be provided under the section Local Offer at the foot of this website page.
- 3 & 4-year-olds
- Extended entitlement for 3 and 4-year-olds
- How are funded places delivered?
- Over more than 38 weeks of the year
- Offers pickups
Dundonald Primary School
Wimbledon Chase Primary School
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/05/2006 Integrated Good 01/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 03/02/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 23/03/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Dicky Birds have, over the years, supported children and their families in various ways, be this through physical, mental health conditions or educational disabilities/delays. We pride ourselves in the day to day care we give the children and the open door policy we have for the parents, working alongside the parents to achieve the best possible outcome for the child is our key focus.
Where appropriate we have made reasonable adjustments to our settings to help children learn and develop in a nurturing and safe environment.
Staff are trained in supporting children with SEN, with a designated SENCo coordinating this care to ensure that staff are fully trained in latest techniques to enable the best outcomes for the child whilst within our care.
Working locally with other agencies and providers enables us to support children further and provides greater continuity of care for the child and reassurance for the parent.