Guide Dogs (formerly Blind Children UK)
In 2013 Blind Children UK became part of the Guide Dogs family. In January 2017, we fully integrated Guide Dogs and Blind Children UK into one charity so that we can build on existing services and support more children with sight loss.
Becoming a single charity means we can provide support for people with sight loss throughout their lives for as long as they need it. The services provided by Guide Dogs (including those formerly provided by Blind Children UK) will not be affected by this change.
Guide Dogs helps children with vision impairments and their families by providing:
- practical help and advice
- educational support
- habilitation (mobility and life skills) training
- large-print books through CustomEyes
- advice on technology and equipment
- family support including early diagnosis support and recreation events for the whole family
- partnering some young people with a guide dog
- partnering some children with a buddy dog, a well-trained companion dog
To access children and young people's services in your area, you can contact our helpline on 0800 7811444.