Fayre & Square (work experience placements)
Fayre and Square is a shop on the Upper Mall in Centre Court Shopping Centre that sells a range of arts and crafts on behalf of 25 - 30 independent artisans.
Work experience placements are offered which last 8 weeks
- Volunteers should be 16 or over and wish to learn retail and customer service skills
- Volunteers should experience a significant barrier to employment such as learning disability, mental health issues, autism, ex young offender, looked after child, young person who is not in employment, education or training or other difficulties
- You do not have to live in Merton
- Volunteers must commit to 4 – 6 hours for 1 day per week
- It is helpful to have basic numeracy and literacy abilities so that you can learn to use the electronic till system
- Applicants should be able to follow instructions and undertake tasks with decreasing levels of support
- It is expected that volunteers will travel independently to the placement or will be able to do so after travel training
The aim is for the volunteers to progress into paid employment, further volunteering or training.
Who to contact
- Centre Court Shopping
- SW19 8YA
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Session Information
alternate Saturdays and Sundays
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Most applicants are referred by local organisations already supporting young adults towards employment, who need practical experience of ‘a work environment’.
If you meet the minimum entry criteria you will be invited to a short interview
Fayre and Square is a joint venture between MVSC and Centre Court Shopping Centre and is funded by several charitable organisations.