Team Motivation - YMCA Inclusive Lives
Team Motivation is a service for people aged over 16 living with a disability or mental illness who need a little help getting active and involved in their local area.
- Do you feel anxious about starting something new?
- Don’t want to go alone?
- Don’t know how to get somewhere?
- Do you feel nervous about meeting new people?
- Don’t know where to start?
Sign up to Team Motivation using the form on the Inclusive Lives website and you will be linked you up with a friendly Team Motivation buddy to help you start a new activity in your area.
Who will buddy with me?
After talking to you and your family, you will be buddied up with a Team Motivator (TM) who shares similar interests and likes similar activities. TMs are trained volunteers who are friendly, encouraging, open minded and reliable. You will attend a first meeting with the Team Motivator, the YMCA LSW Inclusive Lives Co-ordinator and your family or carer. This is a great chance to meet and see if they are a good match.
Your Team Motivator will show you what activities are on in the area, enjoy each others company, provide support on public transport and try new activities with you.
Who to contact
- YMCA Wimbledon
200 The Broadway
- SW19 1RY
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
To join, or for further inquiries about Team Motivation, please fill in the form on the YMCA Inclusive Lives website page
The YMCA Inclusive Lives Project is an exciting new project across Kingston, Richmond and Merton that aims to:
- Increase supportive art, dance and exercise activities for all ability and mobility levels
- Provide support, education and employment opportunities for disabled people and those with a mental illness
- Celebrate and build awareness of living with a disability in the community