Small Steps is a school for parents/carers of children with motor and sensory impairment, helping them to help their own children. Small Steps uses the principals of Conductive Education, which is a learning process incorporating new skills and play into the daily routine. Children and parents watch and learn from each other lead by a professional responsible for the group and attend a group session once a week.
Small Steps is a registered charity that works to help children in learning skills across all areas of their development and provides emotional support to parents.
Who to contact
166 Roehampton Lane
- SW15 4HR
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Small Steps work with children if
- they are under 3 years and 6 months
- they have a predominantly physical disability or a significant motor delay
- they are not in a Special School full time
- the child is likely to obtain benefit from the Conductive Education approach
- the parents/carers commit to attend sessions and incorporate tasks into daily life with the child at home
- the child is not yet walking independently