A childminder based in Mitcham, Felisha says "I am a mother of two wonderful boys. My journey to childcare began in 2009 when I started my first role in a nursery as a nursery nurse. Over the years I have worked my way through the ranks, becoming a Room Leader, Deputy Manager, Safeguarding Officer and the on-site SENCo.
I have also worked alongside OFSTED, local agencies, early years specialist services and other organisations, as well as having over 5 years’ experience working with children with additional needs.
In January 2019 I left my job to spend more time with my children and start my new venture as a childminder. I am open from 8am till 6pm and I also offer early starts (from 7am) and late finishes (up to 6.30pm) at an additional cost. I accept 15 and 30 hours funding for the children.
I provide focused activities twice a day which are linked into the child’s next steps. The daily set up is based on the children’s choice so they choose what to play/explore with throughout the day. I offer parent & partnership days where parents/guardians can come in and do some activities with their child. I also do home learning packs, so the children and parents can do activities at home.
I have a large garden that is full of resources linked with the EYFS ages from 3months to 10 years old. Local excursions will include trips to the local children centre’s, Dean City Farm, parks, forest walks, Morden Hall Park, visiting different stores and soft play centre’s. We will try and get out twice a week. The children will also learn Makaton signs througout the day."
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 8am to 6pm. Open 50 weeks a year
- Session Information
Morning sessions from 8am to 1pm and afternoon sessions from 1pm to 6pm available
- Please contact Felisha directly for details of charges 10% discount for siblings
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Experience with
Speech and language delay
Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)
Global developmental delay
Personal care needs
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD)
- All childcare providers must comply with the SEND Code of Practice 2015, the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, and the Equality Act 2010 which states that they must not treat a disabled child less favourably and make reasonable adjustments to ensure they are not substantially disadvantaged. Additional information about support available at this setting may be provided under the section Local Offer at the foot of this website page.
- Has Provision
- Vegetarian, Lactose Free, Wheat Free
- 3 & 4-year-olds
- Extended entitlement for 3 and 4-year-olds
- How are funded places delivered?
- Over 38 weeks of the year (school term time) and more than 38 weeks of the year (stretched)
- Offers pickups
- Woodmansterne School
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
Prior to becoming a childminder, I have worked as a SENCo for 5 years, working with children that have:
- Speech delay – ICan cards, Makaton, visual routine, one-to-one activity, ISP. I went on training to support parents, attending speech therapist sessions, attending chatter Box
- Downs Syndrome – care plan, worked with outside agencies, focused on the 3 prime areas, Makaton, one-to-one focus activity every day, worked alongside parents looking at additional needs schools.
- Physical impairment – taken on and off a hand splint and a body suit. Helped a child with balance and transfer of weight issues, help with toileting, care plans, speech plans, ISP, massage, strength activities, one-to-one
- Visual impairment – taken on and off an eye patch, one-to-one activities to strengthen sight, brighten / highlight trip hazards, working alongside parents
- Learning difficulties – one-to-one daily activities, Makaton, ISP (IEP) challenging, meeting with outside agencies
- Challenging behaviour – one-to-one time, sand timers, behaviour charts, ABC forms, working alongside parents
- ASD – ASD schools, meeting with outside agencies, learning what calms the child, focussing on what the child likes and adding in other or more resources over time, care plans