You can find details here of local and national services for Care Experienced Young People, including services to support your physical, mental and sexual health and for your leisure time.
Health and wellbeing
- Your Personal Advisor should support you to register with a GP if you are not already registered.
- You will have access to the Children in Care Nurse up to the age of 18. At age 18, the Nurse will provide you with a Health Booklet containing your personal health history to take you forward into your adult life.
- You can access the Merton CAMHS Local offer of mental wellbeing services for young people in Merton.
- You can find out about services and for sexual health, substance misuse and mental wellbeing on the Getting it on website. Sexual Health services are available at your local GP surgery, local pharmacy and local sexual health clinics.
- You can find advocacy for Children in Care through Jigsaw4U
For details of more local and national services to support your health and mental wellbeing, please click on View All Services below
Recreation and leisure
- The Care Experienced Service offers social events, such as BBQs, where Care Experienced Young People can get to know each other and find out more about the support they can receive. This includes a coffee group for asylum seeking young peopleore about the support they can receive through the Leaving Care Service.
- The Fostering Service holds an annual festive event for Merton foster carers and children as well as an event for Care Experienced Young People.
- If the need is identified in your Pathway Plan, the Care Experienced service can reimburse you for up to £10 per week toward a gym/leisure centre membership or up to £500 per year for a wellbeing activity or holiday. Speak to your Personal Adviser to find out more.
- The Virtual School hold award ceremonies for young people in care and leaving care to celebrate their educational achievements.
- Join the Our Voice Children in Care Council there are different age groups for children in care and Care Experienced Young People. You are welcome to attend to share your views as well as participate in fun activities.
Speak to your Personal Adviser to find out more about the above or email email@example.com to find out more about events and Our Voice. For other activities and leisure opportunities for young people in Merton, please see the Young Merton website