We will provide Care Leavers with access to high quality information, advice and guidance to help you with education, training or employment
There are a number of education, employment and training opportunities available to you, which your Personal Adviser and Merton’s Virtual School can support you with. New opportunities come up all the time, so do speak to your Personal Adviser about this
The Virtual School can help with supporting your learning, extra tuition and equipment such as laptops. If you are aged 16 to 18, the Virtual School will help you with your Personal Education Plan (PEP).
Care Leavers may be eligible for the following financial support:
- If you are 16 or 17, the equivalent of Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) of £57.96 per week up to the age of 18.
- A bursary through college for ages 16 to19, to be claimed through school when in sixth form or college up to age 19
- Up to £250 per year on equipment for work, training or education, to be requested via your Personal Adviser
- Support to attend educational trips or activities, to be requested via your Personal Adviser
- £2,000 contribution for university students, provided in instalments throughout the degree course.
- Up to £100 per year on clothing, such as for interviews or graduation. To be requested via your Personal Adviser
In this section, you will find information about Merton's sixth forms, Merton College, information about higher education and applying to university, careers advice and more. You can search by keyword or View All Services.