You can find details here of local and national services for Care Leavers, including services to support your physical, mental and sexual health and for your leisure time.
Health and wellbeing
- Your Personal Advisor should support you to register with a GP if you are not already registered.
- You will have access to the Looked After Child (LAC) Nurse up to age 18. At age 18, the LAC Nurse will provide you with a Health Booklet containing your personal health history to take you forward into your adult life.
- You can access the Merton CAMHS Local offer of mental wellbeing services for young people in Merton
- Sexual Health services are available at your local GP surgery, local pharmacy and local sexual health clinics.
For details of more local and national services to support your health and mental wellbeing, please click on View All Services below
Recreation and leisure
- The Leaving Care service offer social events such as BBQs, where care leavers can get to know each other and find out more about the support they can receive through the Leaving Care Service.
- The Leaving Care Service can also reimburse Care Leavers up to £20 a month towards membership to a gym or leisure centre. Speak to your Personal Adviser to find out more.
- The Virtual School hold award ceremonies for young people in care and leaving care to celebrate their educational achievements.
- The Children in Care Council arrange events, including trips and residential stays, throughout the year for children looked after and Care Leavers.
- The Fostering service hold an annual Christmas event for Merton foster carers and children and for Care Leavers who remain in their care post 18.
For other activities and leisure opportunities for young people in Merton, please see the Young Merton website