Skip to main content

Relationship support for Care Leavers

Merton Council want to help you make the most of your relationships and become an active citizen. Your personal adviser will help you with:

  • Continuing contact with the Looked Afer Children (LAC) Health Team.
  • Help maintaining or regaining contact with people special to you or who cared for you in the past, like former foster carers.
  • Help accessing volunteering activities.
  • Help with voting and joining the Electoral Register.
  • Information on joining the Merton Children in Care Council as a Care Leaver 
  • Help with gaining a place on the National Citizen Service (for young people aged 16 and 17 years old).
  • Information on groups, clubs and schemes that will help you make the most of your talents and interests

Living Outside Merton

If you live in a different local authority area – not Merton  – we aim to ensure that you are not at a disadvantage and that the service you receive is the same as you would if you remained in Merton. Merton will work together with the local authority you decide to live in to ensure that you receive high quality services.

If you decide to live outside Merton, you should be provided with advice on how to access care leavers' services if you need help or support. This advice should be provided to you in writing. You should speak to your PA if you need support with this.

You can also stay in touch with other care leavers through the Children in Care Council

Back to top